Procrastination is something that everyone does in any state or in any condition. It is a challenge that we all have faced at one point or another. As long as humans have been around, we are struggling with avoiding, delaying and procrastinating on those issues that matter a lot to us. It is like a trap in which many of us fall into. According to many speakers and researchers, about 95% of us procrastinate at some point.
Usually, Procrastination includes negligence of an unpleasant but most important task, in favor of one that is more easier or enjoyable. But, if you procrastinate for a long time, probably you can become disillusioned and de-motivated with our work, that can lead to depression and in extreme cases, you may lose the job.
How to Stop Procrastination
To stop procrastination is a simple matter of exiting the doom loop by having control on your mood. With the help of right and different strategies, you can take the snaffles and make yourself in the mood to get things done. Below are some strategies that can help to make this happen and by following them you can easily stop procrastination.
- Find out why: Procrastination tells you something essential when you are not in the mood to work. It may be something simple like you need to take a break or eat, or it may be something complex like you are not satisfied with your job. Whatever may be the reason, in place of punishing yourself for procrastinating, just take a moment to reflect and find out why you are procrastinating. It may end up being a productive step you to take in winning the task.
- Remove your impediment: Before starting the task, take a moment to think about the things that can become obstacles in your way. Then, evolve a plan to ensure they don’t. For an instance, you received a mail of instructions for a task that you have to do, but if you do nothing related to it, you will repeatedly go back to the inbox to look at them, only to get distracted by other incoming e-mails. In such case, your management plan should be like to get instructions out of inbox before starting work. By planning further, avoid procrastination and maintain your focus. After all, it is harder to get focus than maintain it.
- Work in the right environment: If you do everything right while working in the wrong environment, this can make you transit to procrastination. It means keeping yourself away from electronics, televisions, loud places and friends. This is not works for everyone but you need to exercise regiment by working in that environment that would be right for you.
- Get real: The great way to become discouraged is setting unrealistic goals for your day that gives increment to negative moods and hence fuel procrastination. Always go with the realistic goals to keep things positive that keeps you in the right mood to work.
- Take control of your self-talk: Try to take control of your Inner critic by remembering yourself that “I am not going to procrastinate”, “I will not procrastinate”. But it’s a human nature to avoid thinking of something not to do as our mind attract towards the thing we are trying to avoid. The ultimate way is to shift your attention to something different instead of telling yourself not to procrastinate or think about what you will do and how it’s going to feel to have it done. In this way, your mind gets fix on the action that you want to take in place of the behaviour you are trying to avoid.
ticking now on check boxes on blackboard
Procrastination is the thing that can restrict your potential. It can also reduce morale, disrupt teamwork and even job loss or lead to depression. So it is important to take proactive steps to prevent it. For overcoming procrastination, the initial step is to recognize that you are doing it. Then try to identify the reason behind it and use appropriate techniques to manage and overcome it.
The popularity of meditation is well known and we all are aware of the benefits of including meditation in our lives. But, have you ever imagined that a simple music played during meditation and the chanting of mantras while you meditate can work as the icing on the cake? Yes, it is a fact that meditating along with the music or chanting mantras while meditating can double the benefits you receive from meditation. Let’s take a deeper dive…
Benefits Of Mantras In Meditation
A mantra is nothing but the series of words that could be chanted while meditating. It’s not just about saying the same words repeatedly; the power of the mantra helps you provide your mind with a focal point. It is a way to bring back the wandering mind and helps to focus on the meditation.
Let’s have a look at the benefits of mantras while meditating:
Some Of The Mantras You Can Chant While You Meditate
Om: Om or Aum is the oldest and the most powerful single word mantra you can chant while you meditate. This is the sacred sound of Hinduism.
Om Mani Padme Hum: This is another mantra you can opt for while you meditate.
So Ham: This is a Sanskrit mantra came from India. “So” in the mantra should be used while inhaling and “Ham” while exhaling the Oxygen during meditation.
Listening To Music During Meditation, The Benefits:
Meditating using melodious music makes you mentally strong. Moreover, the soft and soothing music makes an environment calmer and this, in turn, makes the process of meditation more effective. Here are a few other benefits of listening music while you meditate.
Improving Your Perceptional Abilities: Whenever you go deeper into meditation, you should add some soft and lovely music in the background. This will help in improving your perceptional abilities and also help to mediate in a better way. It is also a true saying that those who do meditation while listening to music can definitely find happiness and inner peace within themselves.
Reduces Anxiety and Stress: One of the best benefits of listening to music during meditation is the reduction in the levels of anxiety and stress. In the present era, stress is one of the most common issues. If your workload is very high then it is natural for you to feel stressed out every now and then. When you listen to soft and pleasant music while meditating, you actually eliminate stress from your life.
Helps you Eat Better: It is surprising fact for all to know that listening to music during meditation can help you to control your eating habits. If you are someone who needs to put on weight fastly and quickly, it would be one of the best options for you to start meditating along with some pleasant and soft music. Within a few days, you will definitely observe changes at the dining table when you are about to eat. This will also help you to maintain your weight and lastly will help losing extra pounds if you want to.
Heals Your Body: Meditation along with soothing music not only heals physical wounds, but mental wounds as well. That’s actually the power of your mind. You only have to channelize it, and it will automatically take care of the rest.
Balances Your Emotions: A balanced mind doesn’t fear the changing situations. It rather embraces them. Listening to music during meditation can help you to balance your emotions. It has been said that the people who listen to music while meditating on a regular basis, possess balance in all areas of their lives. They become better at dealing with emotions. Actually, they can improve their relationships and can heal all wounds quicker than those who don’t indulge in this effective practice.
Help You Sleep Better: Sleeping is essential for a balanced and healthy life. Quality and adequate sleep also enable you to perform best at your workplace. Most of the time, due to monotony and stress of lives, we do not get a better night’s sleep. Listening to lovely music while meditating can help in reducing stress levels. A better night’s sleep will assure that you give your best during the day.
Here are some best kinds of music to listen while meditating:
Instrumental Music: Instrumental music includes violins, classical guitars, harp, table, chimes, guitar, etc. Such tunes are always beautiful and melodious.
It’s also important that while you meditate you should try not to do anything else. Do not read, work or balance your checkbook when you are meditating. Keep your phone switched off, darken your room and just listen to music or chant any of the mantras and meditation.
Meditation will keep you happy, fit and healthy, prevents you from several diseases, improves your performance in generally any task whether it is physical or mental. So, just get relaxed and start meditation today; do not forget to make use of the power of Music or a Mantra as these are the only two things that would help to amplify your meditation practice.
Long working days and the sleepless nights.
Lying on the bed, turning left and right.
3 in the midnight, damn tired her eyes…
Oh dear angels, come work your magic.
Hold her in your arms, she wants to dive in her dreams.
The dreams full of sunny days,
the dreams with beautiful evenings.
Dreams of a prince charming,
loving her like hell……
Dreams of an independent life, dreams living fearlessly.
The dreams of a heavenly city,
filled up with the godly people.
Please dear angels, come work your magic.
Hold her in your arms, she wants to dive in her dreams.